Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Paladins of the Shadow Deep

My work on the Paladins' Quest LARP rules has spurred an interest in some fantasy skirmish wargaming where the good guys take on a spreading evil. I am trying to decide exactly how I wish to go about it.

The immediately obvious approach would be to use Rangers of the Shadow Deep, a set of rules that pits a ranger and a handful of companions against the forces of darkness.


The premise is right up my alley, but I am not so sure of the rules (which I purchased and read). They seem to track more stats than I like.

The other issue is that I am not sure if I want to go full skirmish, meaning individually based figures. I have a vision of running a company of paladins, made up of 3-4 squads with each squad of 3-4 figures on a base. This seems like it would work well in 6mm. I'd rather not start a new project, however; it would be better to use the figures I currently have. Right now I have 3mm figures mounted with about a dozen foot soldiers to a base.

I'll cross the miniatures bridge when I get to it. First, I wonder if there are any rules amenable to my concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment