Saturday, December 12, 2020

RPG-ish

 I wanted some RPG action but was too lazy to prepare a proper dungeon. I decided to wing it, using my generic rules with meeple figures and a dungeon I drew out on a flip mat.

An adventuring party consisting of a ranger (green), knight (gray), cleric (blue), and wizard (yellow) enter the dungeon. They are immediately attacked by orcs. The ranger shoots one down before the sides come to grips.


In the battle, the knight and cleric takes wounds.

In the next corridor, they encounter a horde of goblins. Fortunately, the tight quarters of the corridor prevent the party from being swarmed.


The knight is wounded but the cleric heals him.

Two more orcs. The ranger shoots one down then stabs the other.


Next they encounter an ogre. They hit it multiple times but it seems to absorb their blows.


The ranger is wounded and swaps places with the cleric. This allows the cleric to melee the creature while the ranger uses his bow. Alas, the cleric is also wounded and has to heal. The knight takes the brunt of the attacks and also needs to be healed. Shooting mundane and magical missiles, the ranger and wizard wound the ogre. The cleric finally delivers the killing blow.

Without any more heals, the party decides to exit the dungeon.

3 comments:

  1. This is great! I'm also using meeples for miniatures play. I intend to paint mine if I can find the time.

    Did you use your "Microbattle" rules for this crawl?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I used a variant of MicroBattle. I planned to provide some commentary on the rules, but didn't get around to it. I'll run another adventure and discuss the rules.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thanks for the follow-up. I read your post about your Microbattle setup a few weeks ago and it keeps rattling around my brain. Happy to read more.

      Delete