Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Back to Artemesia.

After victory in Zirconia, the Federation has re-assigned Tex's Tigers to Artemesia. Ever since the rebel victory there, the Federation has blockaded the planet. Now, a new invasion to reclaim Artemesia has begun, and as typical Tex's Tigers are on the forefront.

The Tigers, with light AFVs in support, advance on a rebel-held town.

Rebel forces sortie. "Those are Imperial tanks!"

The Tigers hold off the attack

But then rebel heavy tanks enter the fray!

The Tigers take damage.

But manage to seize the town.

And hold on while Tiger 3 counters and destroys the enemy armor.

The rebels are routed and the Tigers hold the town.

Notes
I wanted to try out my MicroBattle rules using armored forces. I decided to start up a new sci-fi campaign featuring Tex's Tigers. This time, they're on Artemesia, the setting for a campaign I started years ago but never finished.

The scenario was #4 - Knock Knock, from Hell Hath No Fury. The game took nearly an hour. I think this was because (1) tanks in my MicroBattle rules are (appropriately) harder to kill than most units in my rules, and (2) the HHNF scenarios tend to feature more enemy forces than most scenarios I use. I need to consider changing force structures around to add more infantry and perhaps reduce the number of units on the field.

Nevertheless, MicroBattle worked fine. I made a few changes to streamline play (specifically regarding advantages and disadvantages). They seemed fine so I'll continue to experiment. I have a long weekend holiday in a few days so I'll have time for a couple of scenarios. I'm thinking of running some shock-era battles (probably fantasy).

No comments:

Post a Comment