Sunday, February 10, 2019

Busy Birthday

Saturday was my birthday but I found myself saddled with a bunch of chores. From cleaning litter boxes to yardwork, I had a busy day planned. Fortunately, I did have a little time for some gaming enjoyment.

First, I have been working on some miniatures I ordered recently. Below are some completed planes and boats/ships.

The planes will serve as  medium bombers for my air raid games. The boats/ships will serve for Cruel Seas inspired coastal naval actions. I have 3 torpedo boats per side plus a gunboat and merchant ship that will pull double duty, switching sides as needed.

I also played a horse & musket scenario in the morning. A full battle report is forthcoming.

When I began writing my Lazy Gamer's Guide, I began to ponder the ideal rules for the lazy gamer. I started jotting down ideas for the dead simplest game possible. I decided to give them a playtest. I am not quite content and will make some more modifications. It's probably not surprising that they are looking a lot like Bob Cordery's Portable Wargame.

On another birthday note, I received a new gambeson as a gift. Can't wait to try it out.
From the Medieval Collectibles website

No comments:

Post a Comment