Monday, March 18, 2019

It's Been A Quiet (Wargaming Week)

My posts, and activities, with regards to wargames have tailed off considerably recently. I do have a couple more installments of the Lazy Gamer's Guide to post. I hope to get to it soon.

Recently my leisure time has been consumed with a new LARP project. I am actually creating a brand new LARP system.

It's called Enchanted Realms
I found this on Wikipedia and am using it as a banner for Enchanted Realms
I have been getting a little bored with my time in Amtgard. We primarily do battlegames and have very little actual roleplaying. There are some interesting, full-immersion LARPs a few hours away from me, but it is very hard for me to travel due to my crazy schedule. So I decided that if I can't go to one, I will make one.

The goal is to create an afternoon where players actually play their characters. I plan to rent a pavilion in a park and set it up as a "tavern" where the players can find quests. There will be a couple of adventures that the players can undertake.

Anyway, this is keeping me very busy. I could not find rules that I like (most are way too complicated) so I am writing my own. I am also writing the quests and making all the plans to bring our fictional realm to life. Thus, wargaming posts will likely be few and far between for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment