Wednesday, April 8, 2020

About Khamen and Candorra

Khamen and Candorra began back in December 2016, appearing on my Tales of the Templars RPG blog (which I have now retired). At the time, I wanted some level 1 characters for an experiment I wanted to run (more about that tweak below).

For some reason that I cannot remember, I decided to create a rogue character. Thus Khamen was born. This was an unusual choice for me; I usually go for holy warrior types. A rogue was really out of character for me. You may notice, however, that I turned him into a reluctant hero - forced to serve the Holy Temple, he has become devoted to repaying his former crimes and doing good, most of the time.

His companion, Candorra is a female elf. Again, I am not sure why I chose that class (like Basic D&D in the 80s, elf is a class in 4AD). Perhaps it was because I hadn't tried those classes out yet and wanted to give them a go.

What I have found interesting is that as I have written their adventures, they have developed a life of their own. I find that I keep inserting witty repartee between the duo. Candorra is normally a strong, silent character while Khamen has a bit of acerbic wit. Candorra will goad Khamen at times. Nevertheless, they have developed a strong, if secret, respect for each other (and Khamen has a bit of a crush on Candorra - we still do not know how Candorra feels).

If you would like to read more of their adventures, check out my Tales of the Templars blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment