Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Summer Doldrums

Looks like they're here - the dreaded summer doldrums.

I'm so lazy during the doldrums that I keep re-using this picture.
It seems fairly typical for my wargaming productivity to drop off in the summer. So what's my excuse this year?

Too Hot!
I have a bit of painting to do but have been reluctant to work on it. It's probably because my painting area is in my garage, which gets very hot and muggy in the South Florida summer months.

Video Games
I've gone on a bit of a video game kick lately. I mentioned the Untitled Goose Game. Recently, I started up a new game of Skyrim. 


Yes, I've beaten it before, multiple times. It's an old one but still a good one. It's satisfying my fantasy itch that I can't scratch with LARPing (thanks COVID).

LARPing
While I can't LARP right now, I can still make preparations. My friend and I have had our fill of Amtgard, so we decided to create our own system. We're going to call our new kingdom Elzwehr (a take on Elder Scrolls' Elswehr).

The heraldry of Elzwehr
Right now, I've been working on a draft rules system, which not only includes combat rules but the in-game social hierarchy and eventually a simplified class system.

No comments:

Post a Comment