Friday, January 1, 2021

What's in Store for 2021

In a post from several years ago (have I really been blogging so long?!) I explained why I have foregone making gaming resolutions. Instead, I try to predict my gaming future. Usually, I get it horribly wrong but it is fun to see how poorly I do. So without further ado, what's in store for 2021?

  • LARP posts - I have in the past posted about my other hobby, live-action roleplaying. In March I even made a few posts about my new kit. I was really excited about showing off my new armor, but then COVID hit. I haven't been able to LARP since then. With vaccines coming soon, I hope to be able to get back out to the LARP field, and of course post about it.
  • MicroBattle - I plan to continue work on my MicroBattle rules, including extensions to skirmish and RPG games. Expect to see scenarios spanning multiple eras and scales throughout the year. I hope to complete a final version of the rules by year's end.
  • Settle on a Character - or at least a single set of characters. Last year, whenever I experimented with a different set of rules, I created a new character party. I introduced Khamen and Candorra (from my Four Against Darkness campaign), Balthazar the paladin, Tweedle and Dunh, and now Gregor and Belle. I need to pick one group and stick with it!

Other than these, I cannot really foresee where my gaming is going. Stay tuned for a wild and unpredictable ride!

1 comment:

  1. GADD.
    so that's what I have. I didn't know it had a name. I will be playing a long-running Napoleonic campaign and get a yen to start up one with Ancients. It consumes my thinking so I finish up the Napoleonic campaign in simple fast way - letting the dice quickly decide battle victories, declaring the winner, noting it, and putting it away. It is like I am compelled to do this. But GADD is what it is. I had started an Ancient Campaign, am working on some ACW ideas (campaign and battle), and want to try your Francesia and MicroBattle2021 rules. Going crazy. But so fun.

    Dale

    ReplyDelete