Saturday, June 12, 2021

LARP Construction

My Latest Distraction
I've been in a bit of a wargaming lull because LARP is starting up again. We were supposed to hold our first get together last Sunday but it got postponed until tomorrow.

Over the past few weeks I have been busy preparing for the game by doing a bit of "foam-smithing," i.e. crafting weapons out of foam and fiberglass. Here are a couple finished products.


On the left is a spear. A friend gave me the pole, which already had a pommel. I just had to craft a new spearhead. I am particularly pleased with the weapon on the right. It represents a Byzantine knife called a makhaira. Mine is more like a short sword, being about 26" in length.

I have some more projects in the works - a couple javelins, a mace, and some plumbata.

On the Wargaming Front
In the meantime, my chariots are sitting half-painted on my workbench. I have been playing chariot races on my virtual version. I'll recreate the races in miniature and post the season results once I finish painting.

Also, I managed to place an order for some miniature galleys from Outpost Wargame Services.

No comments:

Post a Comment