Sunday, July 25, 2021

The Return of Family Game Night

It has been a while since we regularly played games. Part of the reason was that our black cat, Onyx, would hop on the board and play with the pieces.

It's a pity because our eldest cat, Thomasina, loved watching games. Lately, due to age, she spends most of her time in the upstairs bedroom. Recently, we decided to bring the games to her.

Here is our latest setup. We bought a foldable game table and set it up in the bedroom. As you can see in this picture, Thom can watch the proceedings from her perch.


We've gamed the last 3 weekends. Previously, I won at Dragonwood but the following week we failed our Codenames: Duet missions.

This week was Ticket to Ride Scandinavia. My wife had a nice 20 point lead when she played her last train. However, she failed to complete 2 routes, losing 24 points. Meanwhile, I completed 9 routes for 78 bonus points to pull ahead for a decisive win.

Admittedly, I was quite lucky with my destinations. At one point, I drew 3 destination cards and was pleasantly surprised to see that I had already completed the routes!

No comments:

Post a Comment