Monday, May 2, 2016

Living through Death Angel

Saturday was
For more information see Geek & Sundry

Unfortunately, I had a prior commitment

which benefits SOS Children's Villages Florida.

To make up for missing the holiday, we decided to play a game last night. I asked Elizabeth what she wanted to play. Surprisingly, she pulled out this:


I've mentioned this game before (particularly about how bloody it is. We never won). Nevertheless, we decided to give it a go.

Things did not start off well. On the very first turn, Elizabeth lost one of her Space Marines. Then, as we made our way through the space hulk, our numbers were whittled down. About halfway through, my wife lost her last character. I gave her one of mine and we pressed on.

We then really started getting swarmed. My wife suggested that we give up but I wanted to see it through to the bitter end. We kept going. Somehow were able to speed through a couple of rooms. As we entered the final room, Elizabeth lost the character I gave her. Only 2 Marines left. I just needed to get to the control panel and activate it to win the scenario.

My Marines raced to it and engaged the control. I just needed to roll a 1 or less (the Death Angel dice are D6s that are numbered 0-5). Here's my roll:


Success!

It was the first time we won this game. Which goes to show, we should listen to this advice

No comments:

Post a Comment