Tuesday, May 25, 2021

And the Winner Is . . . !

 I managed to complete the third season of my "chariot" races. I'm still using scratch-built sci-fi rocket cars.

For these final races, I added a reroll option. I rolled randomly (D3) to determine the number of rerolls for each car. I made a board (right) that allows me to track rerolls (represented by a penny).


Finale of the fourth race. Red pulls ahead for the win.

But in the next race, Red wipes out.

Here is a successful bash. Green knocks into White, causing him to lose ground. White would come back to win this race.

I don't have a picture of the final race. Onyx the cat discovered that I had miniatures out so he tried to play with them. I put them away and finished the last race on my virtual board. Going into the final, Blue had a 20 denarii lead over Red. A Red victory coupled with a last-place Blue finish would tie up the season rankings. At first, it appeared that fate would favor Red. He was in the lead with Blue last. Alas, White passed Red and ran away with the race while Green crashed, giving Blue a third-place finish. Final season standings were Blue, White, Red, and Green.

This may be the last races using my rocket cars. I have received my chariots from Irregular. I need to paint them, but I look forward to getting them on the board. They fit perfectly into my 1 inch squares.

Just a note - I may not be posting much over the next few weeks. I am heavily involved in LARP preparations. I am forming a Byzantine-themed LARP unit. However, some may be interested in my posts on my LARP blog. During this month, I have been doing a series about Byzantine arms and armor.

No comments:

Post a Comment