Wednesday, November 10, 2021

The Chimera Legion Returns

Not much mini gaming going on lately because I've been preparing for the return of my LARP group after another COVID-driven shutdown. 

Just this year, my group switched organizations (Way of the Sword) and theme. We are now Byzantine-inspired unit known as the Chimera Legion.

As leader of the group, I've been making preparations. I need some loaner weapons so I built some swords (pictured here with a javelin)


I need some shields but don't have access to the proper foam just yet. Instead, I ordered a couple ready-made ones. I also created a welcome packet for new players. Here is a shot of the first page of the packet.


Our first meeting on Sunday was small but enjoyable. We only had 4 fighters show up. One was a newbie, so it was great to show him the ropes. Another made the trip all the way from Jacksonville (about a 5 hour drive!). He donated some cool gear to the group.

I meant to take some pictures but I forgot. :( Next time.

Looking forward to next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment