Wednesday, December 29, 2021

A Mini Minis Game Project

Last year, I moved my 3mm MicroBattle miniatures and accoutrements to a nice 9" x 12" box. I then picked some more boxes of the same size from GMT Games, planning to move my 10mm miniatures and RPG items to those.

Well now, that leaves me with a couple of nice 6" x 8" boxes. On a whim, I decided to create a mini mini game set up that will fit in the box.

Here is my initial version.


On the left, inside the box itself, I have:
  • A plastic box that I will use to store miniatures. The picture shows it with blocks.
  • Some dice
On the right, sitting on the box top I have:
  • A 5" x 7" gridded board made up of felt glued to cardboard
  • Various terrain (river, hills, woods, and a road. No buildings yet)
My initial experiments with MicroBattle featured armies of 4 units. I think I'll return to that setup for this kit.

I want to add buildings and 3mm miniatures. Here are my plans.
  • I ordered Monopoly style buildings from Pico Armor. I'll paint them in Roman and northern Europe styles.
  • I will build two ancient/medieval armies composed of 3 units each of heavy infantry, light infantry, and cavalry.
    • I will use my left-over Magister Militum cavalry and archers
    • I need heavy infantry so I ordered some O8 legionnaires from Pico Armor
  • I plan to use MicroBattle, possibly with enhancements based on Sellswords and Spellslingers. I may transcribe the rules onto index cards.
That's the project so far. Stay tuned for updates.

2 comments:

  1. It’s too late if you’ve already ordered the buildings but Brigade Models do some lovely 2mm buildings that might be suitable.
    Best wishes for the New Year,
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took a look. I think PicoArmor offers them as well, and I have my eye on some.

      Delete