Friday, April 22, 2022

It's Been Quiet Around Here

I haven't been playing any games so no updates on that front.

My spare time has been dominated by LARP doings. Here's a photo showing one of my completed LARP projects - a lamellar cuirass.


I've been working on the armor in fits and starts since May of last year. I finally managed to finish it and got to try it out last weekend. I purchased the plates from Plastic Lamellar.com and then laced them all together

I went with plastic lamellar because I wanted something lighter. It weighs in at 6 pounds, which is actually not that much better than the 7.5 pound leather brigandine I currently have.

Me in my leather brig

I also fixed up a polearm a couple of weekends ago. It actually began as an axe, but I was not happy with the cover. I cut down the axe head and then slipped a sock cover over it. Done.

Last weekend, I sparred with a friend and I. We ran a scenario where we fought a chimera. I posted the story on my Paladin's Path blog.

This weekend, we are holding a cookout, hopefully we can use it to recruit a few new players.

No comments:

Post a Comment