Saturday, August 13, 2022

Meeples of Might

I've been in a kind of doldrums lately so no battle reports. However, I made a recent gaming purchase.

Ever since I picked up Battles of Medieval Britain,  I've been pondering ideas for quick games I can set up and play during lunch. A bombing run game is one candidate. Another is a dungeon crawl game.

After my rather disappointing experience with D&D's Dragon of Icespire Peak adventure, I began investigating dungeon crawl ideas. That's when I stumbled on Meeples of Might and Meeples of Menace.


I figured they'd make excellent resources for a dungeon crawl game, so I picked them up. I haven't completed my preparations but so far I think they will work well.

One nice thing about the set is the box. It is about 4" x 5.5" x 1.5". Perfect for a quick grab-and-go game. From the meeples, I picked out some to form a dungeon party and others to act as monsters. I put them in one of the boxes, along with a small board painted like a dungeon floor. I just need to add some dice and rules and then I can do a trial game.

2 comments:

  1. Kevin - here in the UK we’re having a heatwave at the moment (around 90 degrees Fahrenheit). That might not seem much to you guys in Florida, but the heat means it’s hard to drum up much enthusiasm for gaming. Hard to drum up enthusiasm for much at all to be honest…
    All the best,
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, we don't do much in the summer here. We just tend to stay inside in the AC and wait for winter. Interestingly, August tends to be my lull month for gaming. Not sure why; being indoors should spur me to game. This year, I've been fiddling around with LARP ideas, which I'll write about next week.

    ReplyDelete