Sunday, September 4, 2022

A LARP Update

It's been quiet on this blog because I've been occupying my free time with LARP preparations.

Last time, I mentioned that I've been pondering changes to my group, which hopefully will stimulate more interest. Over the past couple of weeks I have been writing down my ideas for rules enhancements (e.g., spells) and setting notes.

I also worked on a flyer for the group. I'd like to get a photo that will show different character classes. Something like this, but live action.
Picture from https://nerdarchy.com/is-there-a-best-way-to-build-a-dd-party/

I invited some LARP players from the local area for a photo shoot and am bribing them to come with a cookout. My initial thought was to grill some hot dogs. I've been toying with something a bit more thematic, however, which leads to this.


I purchased Heroes' Feast on Kindle months ago, but never bothered with any of the recipes. They are clearly modern rather than historical medieval (some include potatoes) but should work for medieval-ish fantasy. Just ask J.R.R. Tolkien. Anyway, the dwarven bangers and smash may be a perfect substitute for hot dogs!

I also spent some time yesterday fixing some weapons - a couple of swords and a mace.

Anyway, this is a long-winded way to say that I haven't been playing any games.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes just “thinking about stuff” is sufficient. I regard it as planning, even if it’s just at a semi-conscious level. Fixing weapons definitely qualities as preparation for LARPing.
    I suspect your guests may well want standard (21st century food), but you could try giving some of the food items fantastical names…
    Cheers,
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete