Monday, September 12, 2022

Kill and Grill

On Saturday, I hosted a cookout for some local LARP friends. I forgot to take pictures. :(

The highlight was the "feast" that put together. I decided to replicate it with some leftovers.


The feast included:
  • Appetizer - crackers and cheese (provided by a friend)
  • Main course - Bratwurst with grilled potato wedges and an onion gravy
  • Dessert - Sansa's lemon cakes
  • Libations - Dragon "wine" (aka Gator Ade)
I made the onion gravy and lemon cakes and was quite pleased with the results. 

Both recipes came from the Official Game of Thrones cookbook, which I've mentioned before on this blog.

As I mentioned back in 2013, the cakes are more like cookies, but still delicious. I messed up the onion gravy at first, making some substitutions and getting proportions wrong. I was able to fix it, however, and liked it a lot. It tasted like French onion soup, albeit a little thicker as expected for a gravy.

After a very pleasing afternoon, I'm already thinking about another feast. Perhaps a Yuletide celebration!

1 comment:

  1. As long as your LARP buddies enjoyed it then I’m sure it was well appreciated 😀
    Cheers,
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete