Saturday, February 10, 2024

An Update

Doldrums
I've hit a spell of gaming doldrums, primarily because I was preparing for a LARP. I usually have a pipeline of posts that I can schedule. However, the pipeline has run dry due to my LARP preparations.

Anyway, last weekend, my friend and I attended Mythic Adventures LARP in the Orlando area. Here's a picture of us. I'm on the right in the gold armor.


I enjoyed it and plan to go back.

The Naval Project
Is still stalled due to the lack of ships. I picked up a bunch of wood ovals to make some quick models, and I haven't gone any further.


The Next RPG Session
I sort of have a goal of completing one game of Napoleonic Knockout and one RPG session per month. I finished this month's Knockout. Next up is an RPG session. I'm not sure when I'll get around to it.

8 comments:

  1. There looks to be a bit of an Eastern theme going on with you guys. Your colleague looks like a Hungarian or Pole whereas your outfit suggests it could be Byzantine, Islamic or maybe even central Asian. I’m also having a period of gaming lethargy at present - I know I ought to do stuff, I know I have things to do, but real-life keeps getting in the way. I’m hoping that my forthcoming retirement will mean the distraction of work will be no more and then I can concentrate on pure leisure activities.
    Cheers,
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good eye. Our characters come from an Eastern European-inspired region of the LARP's fantasy world. My friend's kit is roughly Polish. I'm wearing a kit that I initially put together for a different, Byzantine-inspired LARP group. I have some elements that make me even more Byzantine looking, but I swapped them out for this event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this guy. I always look forward to his replies to your posts, Warwell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do you both think I should work on for my kit?

      Delete
    2. My wife says we look like we stepped out of a movie so I think we look pretty darn good. Although I now have a helmet! But I can't say you need anything.

      Delete
  4. I suspect the lamellar armour in the “real” world would fasten at the back (rather than the front). However, for your purposes I recon front fastening is probably easier, as you can fasten it yourself rather than need someone else to assist if it fastens at the back.
    The Polish/Hungarian outfit looks “spot on”. I especially like the leopard skin. Where on earth did they obtain skins of leopards in 16-17 century Poland?
    Cheers,
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Generally, the lam should fasten on the left (shield) size. You are correct that I did it this way for convenience.

      Delete