Saturday, October 12, 2019

Adrift

Wargame Doldrums
It has nearly a month since my last post and I find myself in the same position, wargaming wise. I am in a serious slump and don't envision getting out of it soon. I have not had any motivation to paint or play. Please be patient; I find that these things work themselves out if I don't try to force it.

LARP Adventures
One of the main reasons behind my wargame slump is that I have been very active on the LARP front. My frustration with Amtgard hit a peak in late August, as evidenced by this post. After that, I decided I wanted something better so I started jotting down ideas for a LARP that would address my issues with Amtgard. I then had a sudden inspiration. For years I've been wanting to do a Christian LARP so I decided to write the rules for one. Thus was born Paladins' Quest LARP.


Since then I have been writing the rules. I had a revelation for a new class-based system. Essentially the rules Christianize the standard D&D classes (renamed Callings). For example, we have cantor instead of bard and hermit instead of druid. Each class has a small set of abilities (Gifts). This makes the Callings much easier to learn and remember than Amtgard classes.

I am still writing. Work has been very busy, causing interference. When I do have spare time I devote it to Paladins' Quest, which keeps me away from wargaming.

If you have an interest in Paladins' Quest, please join our Facebook group (see below)

Help Wanted
I need help to fully realize my vision for Paladins' Quest. My idea is to write the rules and then post them online as free-to-use, open-source rules. To that end, I want to make a website that will host the rules and supplementary information about the LARP. I really need help with web design and creating graphics for the site. If you can or know anyone who can volunteer to help, please refer them to the PQ Facebook page (below).

Paladins' Quest Facebook pagehttps://www.facebook.com/groups/2464074170338291/

No comments:

Post a Comment