Friday, August 7, 2020

Elzwehn Update

Elzwehn is the name of  the steampunk / dieselpunk LARP that my friend and I are creating. I'm also using it for my steampunk / dieselpunk miniatures project.

Before I begin my update, here is a little inspiration:

Similar to the aesthetic I envision (especially the Germanic "bad guys").

The project has begun to take shape. I debated a bit whether I should use Oddzial Osmy (O8) 3mm or Irregular 2mm. I went with 2mm because Irregular allows you to order small quantities (sorry O8, I don't need 15 tanks).

I also ordered some felt and cork tiles from Michael's so that I can make some battlefields. While the flip mats and markers are easy to use, they don't look quite so nice. I decided to return to modeled terrain.

For rules, I am using a variant of Age of Heroes. I am incorporating some ideas from my experiment mashing together Age of Heroes with Hell Hath No Fury. This new variant will use the activation rules from Squad Hammer, although I'll try out a couple of tweaks I just devised.

No comments:

Post a Comment