Friday, March 24, 2023

Fiddling Around

I don't have any game reports but I've been busy.

LARP
LARP has taken most of my time lately. Last weekend, I organized a small event, complete with feast. I made a delicious potato and leek soup from the D&D cookbook. 


This weekend I am heading to central Florida for a full immersion LARP called Mythic Adventures. I've been busy prepping for the trip.

Napoleonic Project
I made some progress with my 2mm Irregular miniatures. I nearly finished the first batch of Austrian and French infantry. I just need to do the flags.

The Austrian infantry

My first batch will give me enough troops for One Hour Wargame armies - 4 line infantry, 2 skirmishers, 2 cavalry, and 2 infantry for each army. I intend to expand the armies, perhaps to double size.

I'm still considering counters, however. I put together some new counters, adding more files per base.


I like how these turned out and will likely proceed with putting them together. I'm thinking of getting Litko plastic bases in each army's primary color, such as white for Austrians. It should help in identifying troops on the board.

Battles of Medieval Britain
I did play some games; I just did not photograph them. I pulled out Battles of Medieval Britain for a couple quick games.

Previously, I kept playing a scenario until I won. However, I have been stuck on one scenario for some time and was bored with it. I decided to take a new approach. I am now playing each scenario once, starting back with the first one. I am recording the results and we'll see how I do. With this new approach, I am 0-3. :(

The Purge
I am preparing to purge some of my unwanted miniatures from my collection. There is a large batch of unpainted Magister Militum 3mm ancients, some incomplete galleys from Outpost, and a collection of miscellaneous 15mm sci fi. I plan to post the listing after I return from Mythic Adventures.

2 comments:

  1. Leek & potato soup - yes please. We have ours with chilli flakes (for some “heat”) and plenty of grated cheese sprinkled on top. Eat with some nice crusty bread and butter. Yum 😀
    Purging unwanted miniatures? What is this heresy? You know full well that these things are cyclical and that sooner or later you’ll end up buying more (of whatever you disposed of). Good luck.
    Cheers,
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I've always been a bit of a gaming heretic. ;)

      Delete