Sunday, October 20, 2013

A New Project - Space Marines

Elizabeth has been wanting to play a scary game (for Halloween) and I've been in a sci fi mood. The answer? Space Hulk!

I have a copy of the Space Hulk: Death Angel card game so we brought that out last night. We actually did pretty well - making to the 3rd of 4 levels before we got swarmed.


Here is our last position before we called it a night. We were pretty much assured of losing at least two more Marines in the next turn.

It is a fun albeit frightening game but the cards aren't as cool as minis. I've toyed with picking up a copy of the re-released Space Hulk game but the price puts me off (since it is OOP, copies are going for over $200!). So I decided to create my own version.

I just placed an order for some minis.

First up, the Space Marines:
Photo from Rebel Miniatures web page

Next, for Elizabeth, some kick-ass female mercenaries:
Photo from Rebel Miniatures web page

These figures are from Rebel Miniatures.

The enemies come from Khurasan Miniatures:




All photos from the Khurasan Miniatures web page.

I wrote up some very basic rules for the game and I'll be working on some sci fi themed tiles to represent the space hulk.


No comments:

Post a Comment