Wednesday, April 29, 2015

The Lumbago Expedition

Many years ago I drafted up a map for a short Victorian colonial campaign. It is set on a fictitious continent called Rapala. A British trading post had been destroyed by a native uprising, and the British learn that the inland principality of Lumbago has incited the revolt. Thus, a British force has been sent to punish its rajah.


Each of the numbered squares on the map is a battle location. The British have to fight their way to Lumbago against a variety of different enemies in varying environments. Alas, I did not have the figures for it. I bought some Historifigs 10mm but never got them painted.

So why bring this up now? Well, I have been pondering taking my Francesian rivalries to colonial battlefields. I have also been considering making up some block armies (see this). It dawned on me that the Lumbago expedition could be an excellent opportunity to experiment with both these ideas.

Currently, my plan is to make a Redgravian block army using the One Hour Wargame list (I would need a maximum of 4 infantry, 2 cavalry, 2 artillery, and 2 skirmishers). My initial campaign would be against the Zamundans. Their army would be based on the Ancients list - comprising spear-armed infantry, archers, and skirmishers. I think I can complete both armies in short order. I just need to pop into Michael's or Hobby Lobby.


No comments:

Post a Comment