Wednesday, August 14, 2019

To the Stars!

As I press forward with my Renaissance-era fleets, my mind has wandered to another project I had in mind. The concept was to minimize my collection by putting together a fleet of spaceships that could do double duty for naval battles in space and space dogfights.

Initially I wanted some generic, classic sci-fi rocket ships. I scratch-built a few 2D counters, but they were a bit large for my 1" grid.

I've been looking around for small retro-rockets but have not been able to find any (I love the Hydra Miniatures rockets but think they are too large).

Recently I discovered Monday Knight Productions. Not really retro but I like the looks (note that all pics are from their website)

Terran fighters

Heavy fighters

A bomber

Entomolian fighter

I then add an odd thought. These alien scout vehicles from Irregular miniatures could substitute as rocket ships. At first I thought about adding some fins but I'm lazy so would probably use them as is,

 Looking at some more Irregular, I thought I could use this alien transport as a bomber.

And these APCs as heavy bombers.

I'm not sure of the size of any of these figures and I really need another project like a hole in my head. But I could not resist playing around so I ordered some samples. Stupid GADD.

Note: All pictures taken from the manufacturers' websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment