Thursday, August 1, 2019

Introducing Armoria

As my MicroBattle rules for land and sea progress, I've been thinking of ways to combine them into a unified campaign. I came up with a simple system, but thought that my current imagi-nations worlds would not do it justice. In particular, I wanted a world with two major powers vying for control of minor nations scattered across a sea. I thought this would provide the most options for both land and sea battles. With this in mind, I came up with a new world.

The Setting
Welcome to Armoria!

I called it Armoria because the nations are named after the armorial/heraldic terms for the various colors. The main powers are Blue (Azuria) and Red (Guleslan).

I can imagine a whole host of conflicts raging across the islands, from ancient to modern times. I have visions of galley battles and air raids swooping across the sea (not at the same time, of course).

The Campaign
The system is very simple. A campaign will represent a war for dominance over a single island. The war will consist of 6 battles - both land and sea, as noted below:

  1. A Sea Battle - the victor will be considered the invader of the island while the loser defends
  2. A Land Battle - using a One Hour Wargames scenario
  3. A Sea Battle - the defender tries to sneak reinforcements to the island
  4. A Land Battle - as # 2
  5. A Sea Battle - the defender raids the invader's shipping
  6. A Land Battle - as # 2
The side that wins the most land battles will win the war. Somehow I will make the results of the sea battles affect the land battles.

Stay tuned for the first Armorian campaign - the Orlan War.

No comments:

Post a Comment