Thursday, April 16, 2020

Projects

With LARPing out of the question due to COVID, I have more time for tabletop gaming. Over the past week, I have embarked on a few different projects.

Khamen and Candorra
Last year, I painted up some 10mm figures for RPGs.


However, I did not buy rogue or elf figures. Now that my characters Khamen and Candorra are back in action, I wanted figures for them. I placed an order for Copplestone's heroes and halflings pack. I have two figures in mind to represent the characters (in the red box).


Sci-Fi
I was not happy with the 15mm sci-fi figures I purchased. I decided to scale down to 10mm. I placed an order from Pendraken. I'm getting Marines, Special Force troopers, and a wide variety of aliens. I plan on using them for more skirmishes using Age of Heroes.

Fantasy Gladiators
Over at Stronghold Rebuilt, Kaptain Kobold has been playing a bunch of simple, quick games. These have been giving me an itch for something similar. While I enjoyed the accounts of his prehistoric hunting games, my animal-loving wife would hate me if I did my own. However, the gladiator games piqued my interest. I had some reservations because I don't know of any gladiators in 10mm (my preferred scale for skirmish games) and I didn't want to start collecting a new period. However, inspiration struck as I experimented with Age of Heroes. That game calls for forces of 5 figures. How about team gladiator battles?!

I decided to use fantasy warbands; after all it's not a new period (see above). I ordered from Irregular Miniatures because they sell by individual figure. Each team would consist of 1 hero, 3 standard warriors, and a missile-armed warrior. I ordered teams for orcs, elves, dwarves, goblins, halflings, skeletons, and lizard-men. But I wanted some humans too, so I looked at their historical ranges. I could not decide on one so I ordered Romans, Gauls, Crusaders, and Arabs. That will give me more than enough teams!

For someone who doesn't like painting, I sure gave myself a lot of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment