Saturday, March 20, 2021

Keeping Byz-y

I've been quiet so I wanted to give you an update.

Over the past two weeks, I've received some goodies in the mail!


Front and center is the beginning of lamellar body armor. I purchased some plates and cord from plasticlamellar.com and am in the process of lacing the armor together. Naturally, this is taking up time that could otherwise be spent gaming.

In the upper right you can see that I have been continuing my research into the Byzantines. I picked up this Osprey from Amazon and am using it as a guide as I develop the structure for a new LARP unit, the Chimera Legion.

The chimera banner from a previous group.
We are recycling the sigil for our legion

Finally, you'll see a hardcopy of One-Hour Wargames (upper left) in the above photo. I previously mentioned an interest in getting a hardcopy. Fortunately, it is back in print and available from Amazon US for under $20. I got free shipping because I have Amazon Prime, so the overall price was very reasonable. Now that I have it I need to use it. Therefore, I am putting together a game once I post this update. Stay tuned for a battle report sometime this coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment