Monday, March 29, 2021

Temptation

 I went another week without a game so I wanted to provide an update on what's going on.

My mind has been focused on LARPing. We still cannot meet, but the time is drawing near. I get my second vaccination shot next Monday. The same day, our governor is opening up vaccine reservations to all 18+ residents. With the availability of vaccines, I foresee our LARP group returning to the battlefield sometime in May! I have been making preparations for that day, such as this new Byzantine garb (except the shoes; those are slippers)


I am also considering a new miniatures project - Byzantines, of course! My generic 3mm figures work for now, but I am tempted to get specific figures. I would probably start in 3mm, using Magister Militum's Late Romans. This way, my figures would have shields. I envision 3 armies - red Byzantines, blue Persians / Goths, and white Arabs. I know this violates my Lazy Gamer principles, but the temptation is strong. I don't plan on starting is any time soon, though. My paints are packed up for now. My brother-in-law is moving out of our spare room. Once he does, I plan to convert it to an office/game room. Once this happens, I can embark on new projects.

Stay tuned. I have next Monday and Tuesday off, so I hope to have a new Byzantine battle next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment