Saturday, August 28, 2021

Week in Review - Aug 28

Slowly getting things done.

LARP Helmet
I finally got around to painting my helm

I ordered a chin strap and helmet liner kit from Medieval Collectibles. I got it Wednesday and attached it to the helmet. I just need to hit it with some clearcoat.


Painting
After a long hiatus, I got back to paining the chariots and galleys I ordered in May and June.

This picture shows my latest set-up. I ordered this painting station from Amazon. 

It was a pain to put together, but now it is paying off. It has most everything I need in easy reach when I paint. It is also very portable. I put it on a high shelf when I'm done so they cats don't get into it.

Arena Fights
I planned to test out a skirmish with half dozen figures a side. I pulled out my 10mm fantasy figures, but then got lazy.

I decided to do some arena fights instead. I paired off my figures. The towers represent obelisks in the arena. I used them for some cover.


In the first bout, Sly (in black) took on Armolas the elf. Armolas managed to wound Sly, but then Sly charged and cut down the elf.


In the second bout, Gimlet the dwarf faced Sir Loin. Alas, Sir Loin fell prey to a cat quake.

As per house rules, if the cat kills you, you're dead.

Speaking of cats, Onyx had a blast playing with the dice.

At this point, I gave up, much to Onyx's chagrin.

No comments:

Post a Comment