Saturday, August 14, 2021

Which Way to Go?

 I'm already rethinking my Byzantine skirmish project.

My original thought was to build a small squad of half a dozen 10mm figures. The rules would feature:

  •  Activation, movement, and combat by individual figure, and
  • Figures with special abilities.
I quickly expanded the concept to a larger band of approximately 20 figures. Rules for these would feature:
  • Activation and movement by unit
  • Individual combat, and
  • Hero figures that could act independently.
I became a bit concerned by this larger approach. I don't have a large enough board or terrain in 10mm. The project started to seem a bit daunting.

Then I started thinking about doing 6mm skirmish. This approach, however, would seem to preclude individual combat because I would most likely mount figures on stands, with each figure = 1 man. But if I have combat by unit, I'm basically playing MicroBattle. I'd like a skirmish game to have a different feel to it.

I keep going around. I think I need to experiment a bit with rules before I decide on figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment