Sunday, March 27, 2022

Outskirts of Constantinople - 1453

Activity Update
More like lack-of-activity update. Last time I mentioned I completed my Turks and had started the Austrians. Well, the Austrians are in the same state as they were two weeks ago.

I decided to do a quick battle this weekend so I could get my Turks in action. Because the Austrians aren't finished, I choose a different setting. I'll pit my Turks vs. Byzantines.

The Situation
The year is 1453. A Turkish army approaches Constantinople from the North. Its vanguard has seized a river crossing. Byzantine forces hurry to recapture the bridge.


The Battle
Byzantine kavallarioi rush Turkish light troops holding the bridgehead. The lights' archery empties some Imperial saddles.

More archery wipes out a bandon of Imperial cavalry, Turks cross the bridge while some of their cavalry ford the river.

Byzantine skuatoi assault the village while the Turks overrun the remaining kavallarioi.

Then the Turkish light cavalry catches the Imperial infantry in the flank, routing it.

The remaining Byzantine infantry flees from the field.

2 comments:

  1. If that was the best the Byzantines could do then it’s no surprise things are looking glum for Constantinople 😀
    Cheers,
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D. Funny thing is that my red army was practically unbeatable in my imagi-nations campaigns but now that they are Byzantines...

    ReplyDelete