Sunday, September 20, 2015

Building the Air Forces

Yesterday I received my order of Aeronef aircraft from Brigade Models. Here's a shot of the air forces in progress.


I am building 2 main air forces: the Empire of the Iron Fist flies the red aircraft while the Confederation flies blue. I have an odd number of bomber units. They are unpainted in this picture but will be purple (red + blue). They will represent minor allies and can fly with either side as the scenario dictates. The dirigibles and the ground batteries are silver and the dirigibles will receive either blue or red tail fins.

These planes will be used for my air battle scale rules. My current basing plan is:

  • pursuit (fighters) - 3 planes to a large circular base. 1 base per squadron
  • attack (light bombers) - 1 plane to a small circular base. 2 bases per squadron
  • (heavy) bombers - 1 plane to a large circular base. 1 base per squadron
  • dirigibles - 1 airship to a rectangular base. 1 base per squadron.
  • ground batteries - 3 turrets to a rectangular base. 1 base per battery.

No comments:

Post a Comment