Sunday, January 20, 2019

All Over the Place

GADD is striking hard lately.

Yesterday morning, I completed an air raid campaign. This inspired me to do a little painting.

Biplanes and light bombers
I am painting the biplanes an off white color and will add dashes of red or blue to designate which side they are on. They will represent inferior fighters in my Aetheria campaigns. The light bombers will be silver and can serve on either side.

I also picked up Squad Hammer Core and want to run a game to test the changes between it and original SH.

Recently, fantasy gaming has piqued my interest. I recently ran a simple dungeon crawl and need to plan the sequel. I also picked up Rangers of Shadow Deep. I doubt that I will play the game as written but I am very interested in stealing the scenarios and using my own rules.

Finally, I picked up the December issue Wargames Illustrated on a whim.

As shown in the picture above, the magazine came with 2 miniature ships from the new Cruel Seas game. These ships are what induced me to buy the magazine. Now I must admit that I have never been particularly interested in World War 2 coastal naval warfare nor do I have any intention to  buy Cruel Seas. However, I am considering ginning up a super simple set of rules so that I can pit these 2 vessels against one another.

One of the pleasant surprises about this issue is that it includes a very simple siege campaign for Lion Rampant. I have LR but never played it, and likely never will (some of my reservations are similar to those for Dragon Rampant, which I experimented with last year). Nevertheless, LR has several scenarios and the campaign in the magazine links them together in an interesting narrative. It has me thinking about starting a medieval campaign (although I'm not sure what rules to use).

Anyone, as you can see, my gaming is currently all over the place.

2 comments:

  1. "nor do I have any intention to buy Cruel Seas."

    I wouldn't. The errata is already longer than some sets of commercial rules.

    ReplyDelete