Tuesday, January 1, 2019

What's In Store for 2019?

Wow, this is a hard question to answer. I have become so flighty with my gaming that it has become very hard to predict where I'm heading. However, here are some ideas I have in mind for the upcoming year.

Box Sets
A couple of years ago, I created my first boxed game set. I have since really become pleased with the concept, but right now my box sets are in a bit of disarray. I want to get organized in 2019. Here are some of my plans:
  • The Plane Box - everything I need for my Aetheria plane project - planes, rules, a full-sized flip-mat, status markers, etc. all in a deep Tiger Brand Tuff Box.
  • The Sea Box - everything I need for naval battles. Right now, I only have tokens for Age of Sail battles but I have wanted to add galleys. I also would like a nice mat.
  • The Land Box - everything I need for ancient to horse & musket battles, including blocks or generic 2mm stands.
6mm Roleplaying
I haven't been doing many roleplaying sessions (e.g. Four Against Darkness) lately. Part of my reluctance is because I don't have figures to illustrate the scenes. Well, I would like to rectify that. On TWW, I've seen some 6mm skirmish games which look good. I am tempted by Perfect Six's range but think that they may be a bit small. Perhaps I'll look into 10mm.

GADD
Gamer's Attention Deficit Disorder best described 2018 and I expect will continue. Right now I am in a plane mania, but I suspect that will dissipate in time. What will my next craze be? I have no idea.

Twelve Games
As always, I will finish the year with the Twelve Games of Christmas Challenge (something of an annual tradition in our home). I managed to complete this year's challenge on New Year's Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment