Sunday, June 30, 2019

A Storm's Brewing

Last week I mentioned that I was in a summer lull. Fortunately I feel that the lull is going to break soon. I haven't played any games yet but I have started some ancillary actions.

  • I got back into painting my latest project. Still some work to do but made progress this weekend. (I'd do some painting now but there is a cat sleeping next to me so I can't get up.)
  • I have a 4-day weekend coming up and I'm planning a game. Last Independence Day I played out a fictional American Revolution battle set in my home state. Thinking about a sequel!
From a PBS program about Florida in the Revolution
https://www.pbs.org/video/the-american-revolution-in-florida-hfcu7l/
  • I should finish the War of the Emperor's Balls using Simplicity in Hexes, which I started last month.
  • Finally, I have a hankering for some fantasy action. Thought about HoTT but just not feeling it. I toyed with the idea of creating a Simplicity in Hexes variant. That is still a possibility but I started looking at One Hour Wargames. One of my issues with those rules was tracking 15 hits but I thought of a variant where units take 4 hits. I would like to try it out. I may even pull my 3mm fantasy armies out of mothballs.
3mm Fantasy - Evil vs. Good

No comments:

Post a Comment