Sunday, March 22, 2020

Battle of Taplaea

My original plan was to follow up my Micro Marathon battle with Micro Plataea. I had even jotted down some notes using Lost Battles. When I found time to do a battle this morning, I did not feel like pulling out my notes. I decided to do a fictitious battle instead.

The mighty empire of the Sherpians (blue) has invaded the independent city-states of the Kreeg peninsula. The Kreegs (red) form an allied army and march out to meet the invaders on the plain of Taplaea.

The initial Kreeg line forms between some woods and a vineyard.

But the archery of the Sherpian infantry forces the Kreegs to advance. One phalanx of infantry is decimated by bowshot.

The left phalanx smashes into the Sherpian Eternals but are in turn surrounded by cavalry.

The middle phalanx comes to help and drives off the light cavalry.

The left phalanx rolls over the Eternals but is in turn overrun by the Sherpian heavy cavalry.

The remaining Sherpians converge on the remaining phalanxes.

The right phalanx gets scattered by bowshot.

The remaining Kreegs retreat from the field.

The Sherpians can now advance deeper into the Kreeg homeland.

Notes

  • I am planning to run this as a 5 game campaign. So now the Sherpians are up 1-0.


3 comments:

  1. Hi, is there a blog post or something to have a look at your microbattle rules? I am searching for something to recreate battles somewhat visually like here: http://www.theartofbattle.com/battle-of-marathon-490-bc
    Oliver

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a neat video. When I get a chance I will post my microbattle rules. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete