Saturday, January 14, 2023

Random Stuff

I haven't been doing much gaming lately, but I have a couple updates.

LARP
My recent attention has been on LARP.

Last weekend we ran what we call a "lore battle." Lore battles add to the ongoing lore of our fictional setting.

Here I am as a manticore.

Full write-up on my Annals of Elzwehn blog.

Rockets
As I mentioned in my predictions for 2023, I'm working on a boxed set for sci-fi gaming. I realized that I need some spaceships so I made some.


I had them out for a quick trial battle. It did not go well for Blue.

2 comments:

  1. Blue were outnumbered 3:2 - so if they were to stand a “fair chance” needed so advantage - pilot skill, offensive/defensive capabilities of the space ships etc.
    Cheers,
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. Generally, when I play one side vs an AI, I like to have a pulpy feel where the good guys are outnumbered but still mow down the enemy mooks. I often give the good guys a "hero roll." If they pass it, the can reduce damage by a level.

      Delete