Monday, May 6, 2024

The Campaign Begins

The Emberville Five Klicks Campaign - Turn 1
Now that I have my heroes ready, time to start adventuring.

Preliminaries
In 5K, you don't just rush into the wasteland. You have to prepare!
There are a series of pre-battle steps. Here is what happened this turn.
  • Event - scrap find. I use it to improve their trade.
  • Trade - the party acquires sturdy binoculars, a fine pistol, and military armor. I give the armor to Spike
  • Actions - Send out a patrol - this will reduce the number of enemies in any subsequent battle
  • Explore - out they go into the wasteland.
Note: I was only supposed to keep 2 trade items but I forgot that rule until after the second campaign turn. Oh well, I'll let it stand.

The Wanderer
The party meets a wandering freelancer. Ash, with the speech skill, negotiates with the stranger.  Ash does well, and the newcomer, Rosy, joins the party.

Aftermath
There was no battle so nothing going on afterwards.

A little disappointing, but it is nice to have reinforcements.

2 comments:

  1. A decent enough start. Presumably the reinforcement will now need feeding & looking after (using up resources). Of course, the additional strength provided will help acquire things, whether by force-of-arms or scavenging/searching for stuff.
    Cheers,
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5K is fortunately abstracted so I don't have to scrounge up resources for every character. Instead, the settlement has an abstract Resources score, which can improve with success. Hopefully next time!

    ReplyDelete