Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Von Schmutzer Update - Mission 3


Von Schmutzer Update – Mission 3
I now have completed the third mission. Our gallant Leutnant has continued with his success; here are his mission stats:


1
2
3
Total
Enemies Shot Down
2
0
2
4
Enemies Seriously Damaged
0
1
0
1
Enemies Lightly Damaged
0
2
2
4
Suffered Damaged
Y
Y
N
2
Forced to Crash Land
N
N
N
0
VPs
20
12
30
62

 He is averaging almost 21 VPs per mission, which equates to a decisive victory. If he keeps it up, he will have made a great contribution to the Kaiser’s war effort.

Report for mission 3:
I was once again assigned to patrol over the trenches, and once again I spotted an enemy aircraft as soon as I took off. My first pass was unsuccessful, but I turned around and drew a bead on him as he tried to flee. My shots struck true, rupturing his fuel line and setting the craft ablaze.

[Despite his advantages, von Schmutzer only managed a tie in the first round of battle so no shots were fired. In the second round, the Leutnant won 8-3 and then rolled a 3 for damage – enemy destroyed.]

The skies were quiet as I made my way to the trenches and began to patrol. Some AA fire passed harmlessly by me. Then the enemy came in force. First, I tangled with a lone bomber. I managed a few telling shots before my opponent was able to flee. Then I encountered another bomber. I took my time lining up my shot, then let loose. I did some damage, but the rear gunner returned fire, forcing me to veer away. I returned to the chase and lined up again. I thought I had a good shot, but I failed to do any damage. Concentrating, I blazed away again. This time, smoke erupted from my target, and he plunged to the earth.

[Again, von Scmutzer tied in the first round. He scored some structural damage in the second round. The bomber won in the third round but scored no damage. Von Schmutzer’s shot in the fourth round failed but on the fifth round, the Leutnant won 9-3 and rolled a 12 for damage to shoot down his enemy.]

By now, my fuel was low. On my way home, I spotted an enemy fighter. He must have been brave and experienced for he showed no fear of my Eindekker but decided to pursue me. As he dashed toward me, I sideslipped and poured shot into him. I believe I hit him because he veered off. I would have liked to have continued our duel, but my fuel reserves were dangerously low. I decided to take the opportunity afforded and dash for home. I was able to make it back without further incident.

[On turn 8, von Scmutzer encountered an enemy fighter over the trenches. The fighter was also an Ace so it could have been a great duel. Von Schmutzer won the first round 6-4 (note that I am not adding all the mods to the rolls anymore, instead, I just add the difference between the opposing plane mods to von Scmutzer’s roll. In this case, von Schmutzer’s mods were +4+1 = 5 compared to +3+1 = 4 so the net difference was +1).  The damage indicated a pilot hit. Realizing that he could not back it back home if he continued the combat, von Schmutzer reluctantly broke off the fight.]

No comments:

Post a Comment