Saturday, March 16, 2013

More GADD

I have been very remiss in posting lately as I have been experiencing more Gamer's Attention Deficit Disorder (GADD). I haven't really be playing any games but instead have spent time preparing and thinking about games.

I picked up Song of Blades and Heroes by Ganesha Games.

It is a set of rules for fantasy skirmish gaming. I gave the rules a read-through and they look interesting. I'd like to convert them to a grid, so I can use my battle board for them. I also need to pick up some figures.

Recently, I learned about the Dead Simple RPG rules and have been perusing them for ideas.

This week, I asked my wife if she wanted to play a pen and paper RPG. To my surprise, she said yes. I asked her what genre she wanted to play - fantasy (using QUERPS), sci fi (using my QUERPS / Tales of the Space Princess mash-up), or steampunk. She chose steampunk so I frankensteined a set of rules using QUERPS and Dead Simple's steampunk variant. I plan to use the Space: 1889 setting. I sketched out a couple of adventures. We didn't play tonight but hopefully soon we'll be adventuring "in a more civilized time."

No comments:

Post a Comment