The year started off with the Grayrock Revolution in full swing.
|Nieuville - rebel victory|
|Hargrove Hill - Bluderian victory|
|Kramer's Crossing - rebel victory|
|Hemlock - rebel victory|
I started a new horse & musket campaign (the Tweenwater War) but I only played one battle. I did managed a simplified version of Waterloo in memory of the 200th anniversary.
|Waterloo - One Hour Wargames style|
|A Redgravian block army|
|A Zamundan block army|
|My 3mm Bluderians|
I then went into a little lull, until air combat sparked my interest. I developed a 1930s-style fantasy world called Aetheria. The evil Empire of the Iron Fist invaded the nation of Lucrania, resulting a large-scale aerial battle.
I played one more game in the campaign but have stalled. I managed to rouse myself to complete another campaign, Lothar's invasion of medieval Meditera.
|Aerial battle over Osmar Mountain|
|Lothar's invasion is defeated|
In my eyes, one of the highlights of my blog this year is this picture of my father from his Air Force days.
With that, I'm winding down this year. I may get some games completed over my holiday but I'll post them as I go.
In January, I made a few prognostications about what was in store for 2015? How good a soothsayer was I?
- More Board Games - Yes. Family Game Night has become a regular feature in my house. In fact, I bought my wife a board game for Christmas.
- Sci-Fi - No. I was totally into sci-fi at the beginning of the year, but as usual GADD struck and I moved on to other things.
- Francesia - No and Yes. I predicted that my horse & musket campaign would languish but I completed the Grayrock Revolution. I did actually predict that I would complete my medieval campaign.
- LARP - Yes. I may not have done as much as I expected in January but I did post more about it.
- Fewer Posts - Yes. By a little bit. I'm still posting regularly but I haven't been playing games just for the sake of blogging, which was my rationale why I expected to post less.