Wednesday, July 10, 2019

More Micro

Another micro-battle experiment, this time using a 6 x 8 grid. Romans (red) vs. Carthaginians this time.

Cavalry clash (top)

The Roman cavalry wins! And then it smashes into the Carthaginian spears.

Hannibal would rally his remaining troops, however. The Gauls (green) routed their opponent and descended on the Roman right flank. Ultimately, however, the Romans prevailed.

Thoughts
I am proceeding forward with my micro-battle scheme. I picked up some cheap pencil boxes for storage.

Each box is about 5.5" x 8.5". If I fold the board in half, I can fit a 7 x 10 grid in the boxes, more than large enough! I'll also have room for rules, minis, dice, and some dry erase pens!

Here is a box for ancient to horse & musket land battles.

I also plan to make boxes for air battles, and sea battles.

I also picked up some more bases from Litko, this time in colored plastic. I plan to use these as units, replacing my wood tokens.

I will represent cavalry with a diagonal line. The tokens are two sided; one side will represent heavy infantry or cavalry while the other (designated by an L) will be lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment