Tuesday, July 23, 2019

MicroBattle at Sea

Now that my MicroBattle rules for land and sky are shaping up, my mind has turned to the sea. My initial thought was to gin up some rules of Age of Sail battles. This seems a bit tricky for a MicroBattle sized board (8 x 10 squares). In my experience of AoS rules, the ships tend to travel in the wind direction, often running off the board.

What kind of naval battle would work on a small board. My thoughts next turned to galleys!
Tumbling Dice ancient galleys
photo from their website
But I'm not so keen on ancient galleys; I am more interested in the Mediterranean battles of the 16th Century. I decided to emulate these, with some sailing ships thrown in. The upshot is that I just ordered some galleases, galleys, caravels, and galleons from Tumbling Dice's 1/2400 naval line.

No comments:

Post a Comment