Sunday, January 24, 2016

Miniatures with My Wife

Lately, I've been experimenting with skirmish rules. I wondered if I could create a game that she would enjoy to play with me. I broached the subject and she expressed some interest. We discussed what would be the perfect game. Some points we came up with:

  1. Uses dice (rolling dice is fun, after all)
  2. Some miniatures (it's prettier)
  3. Easy and quick set-up (primarily my requirement as I tend to set up the games)
  4. Game play between half an hour to an hour
While Mice and Mystics tends to fail on points 3 and 4, I think it is because of special rules and the complexity of the scenarios. If we strip it down to the core rules, I think it will work.

I then asked my wife about what the setting should be. Her answer? Time-traveling, talking cats that wear clothes and hats and go on adventures. She sent me a picture of Victorian-looking cats to illustrate her concept.


Now I have images of a steampunk cat version of Time Tripper but with dogs as the enemies. Actually, it sounds like fun. But where can I get miniatures of steampunk cats?

No comments:

Post a Comment