Wednesday, August 15, 2018

And Now For Something Really Different

After the last battle in my Tweenwater War campaign, I've been thinking about the next scenario. I wrote that General Spengler retreated to his base at Blancport. Since then I have been envisioning a siege of the city. Perhaps I can assume that Imperial artillery has breached the city walls and the Imperials are attacking through the breach.

However, another scenario idea has sprung into my mind. Considering that Blancport is on the coast, the Redgravians can supply it by sea.

Of course, the Imperials would try to blockade the city, Which means that I need to fight a sea battle!

I have a smattering of ships but have lost the rules I used to use. Which means I am now on a hunt for some very simple Age of Sail rules (ones that will allow me to handle up to 6 ships a side while playing solo).

A sea battle experiment. Looks like rough seas.

2 comments:

  1. Galleys and Galleons may be a good starting point for you. It's pretty simple, but I'm sure you'd simplify it further :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM a simple guy. :)
    I have G&G and was considering it, however I go back and forth on opposed die rolls. Right now I'm feeling rather cold towards that mechanic so was looking for something else. I picked up Osprey's Fighting Sail and am using ideas from that (among other sources)

    ReplyDelete