Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Quite Irregular

Irregular Miniatures, that is.

Late last year I abandoned my various miniatures project and created some generic block armies. Here we have two of those armies standing in for Wellington and Napoleon,


Of course, I'm never satisfied for long and recently decided that I wanted to use some small-scale miniatures in lieu of blocks, So now I have placed an order from Irregular for some packs of their 2mm line.

For a start, I'm planning 3 generic armies - red, white, and blue. Each army will consist of the following:
  • Infantry - 4 units of regulars, 4 militia, 2 elite, and 2 light
  • Cavalry - 4 units of light, and 4 heavy
  • Artillery - 2 units field guns
  • Commanders -1 command stand
Each unit will consist of 1 strip on a 20mm x 10mm base - very minimalist. I still plan to draw the terrain using markers (as shown above).

Something Old
I've gone through my old miniatures inventory and bagged up most stuff; most likely I'll donate it (don't know where yet). I did keep a few airplane miniatures, my 2mm sci-fi from GZG (Germy), and a some 6mm fantasy and sci-fi minis I want to use for skirmishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment