Saturday, May 14, 2022

Microlite 20

Now and then I go on an RPG kick and start researching rules. This is one of those times.

I have designed and played solo RPGs (such as these) using rules of my own design. Sometimes, however, I consider how I would introduce new players to RPGs. Given its current popularity, I think D&D is the best option. Then I try reading the rules for D&D 5E and get a headache.

I recently took a look at Microlite20 Purest Essence.


I checked out other versions of Microlite before, but they never clicked with me for various reasons. However, I really like PE and think it makes a great beginner version. Probably better than any of the D&D 5E beginner products.

By the way, one of the reasons I did not care for Microlite was that it only offered 4 classes (fighter, wizard, cleric, rogue). Where's paladin?! Sorry, it's my favorite class. Anyway, PE offers additional classes as "expert" rules, including paladin. Ahhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment