Wednesday, May 11, 2022

More KQP Baseball

I finished a couple more series of my quick play baseball game.
Note that I play a "full" game for the first game then resolve the remaining games of the series using my ultra quick system.

Chicago Cubs vs. NY Giants
In the first game, NY's Hugh McQuillan pitched a 3-hit shutout. The Cubs' Charlie Root also pitched well, but in the middle innings, he loaded the bases. Then Jimmy O'Connell ripped a single to score 2 runs. Final 2-0.

Jimmy O'Connell

The Cubs retaliated with a 2-0 victory of their own. In the final game, the Giants scored 2 runs in the 1st, then cruised to a 3-1 victory.

Cleveland Indians vs. Washington Senators
The first game was a barn-burner. Cleveland struck first with a walk and four singles to go up 3-0. In the bottom of the inning, Washington rallied for 4 runs on a grand slam by Goose Goslin. Later, the Indians grabbed the lead with 2 runs after a walk, double, and triple. In the bottom of the 9th, Washington tied the score to send the game to extra innings. Then things got really wild. Cleveland's Doc Johnson ripped a double to score 2 runs. Then after a couple of singles, the Senators knocked a pair of doubles to score 3 runs and win the game 8-7.

Cleveland won the next two games 2-0 and 3-1.

What's Next?
  • I need to play the Pittsburgh - St. Louis series to complete the first week of games.
  • Given my glacial pace, I think that a 54 game season is too ambitious. I will likely only play 6 actual games per team and then use more ultra quick play games to round out the schedule.
  • I also gave up on keeping individual stats. Too time consuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment