Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Progress!

Over the past week I finished a couple of small projects.

Four Against Darkness
To expedite my upcoming co-op Four Against Darkness campaign, I built an automated dungeon creator in Excel.

Here is a shot of the results page.

With the press of a button I get a complete room laid out.

I also created a map template using PowerPoint.

To ease mapping, I greatly simplified the number of different rooms and corridors. I've done this before and it works fine.

With the tables in Excel, it becomes quite easy to create custom dungeons. For example, I built the tables for an orc lair with the orc brute as the boss. For this new campaign, I plan to create special dungeons themed around each of the bosses in the main game.

Looking forward to trying this out next Sunday!

Fantasy Battle Game
I did a little more work on my latest fantasy wargame rules. I created some counters and markers.

Here is an army inspired by Warhammer's Kislev (which is inspired by the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth). I found the images on Junior General.

Here is an Imperial army.

The unit counters are designed for 1 inch squares.

I also made some half inch shields. I'll use these as casualty markers.

2 comments:

  1. At least you’re making progress (unlike me - still only able to Comment as “anonymous”). Shields weren’t in much use by this time - couldn’t you do a “drop” or maybe even a “splodge” of blood, to indicate casualties had been incurred?
    Cheers,
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried "blood" before but am not keen on the look. Although the figures are Renaissance I'm using them for fantasy so I'm fine with shields.

      Delete